Friday, January 4, 2013

D.I.Y: High-Waisted Shorts


I’ve always wanted to create a pair of high-waisted shorts, but up until recently, I never really knew the proper technique to use. Luckily, one of my good friends is a D.I.Y. guru, and she told me how to make them.
The first thing I decided to do was hit up a local thrift store near my house and get a pair of men’s denim jeans. I opted for men’s jeans instead of “mom” jeans because it was the easiest way (for me) to insure that the pants I bought would be high-waisted. Once I had my jeans, I put them on and decided how short I wanted to cut them. Initially, I made them a little long because I didn’t want to cut them too short and completely ruin them. Then, after the first cut, I tried the shorts on and made adjustments to them until they fit how I wanted them to.
I’ve been thinking about studding them, or maybe distressing them, but I’m not sure yet. Ultimately, I’m really happy with my results, and Im so excited that I have my first pair of high-waisted shorts!


Much Love!
-Rave



No comments:

Post a Comment