Friday, January 4, 2013

Top Three Thrifting Tips!






Thrifting is one of my favorite ways to shop, and I love it because I am able to find unique and fashionable clothing for a very cheap price. However, even though I love it,  I was NOT always as good at thrifting as I am now. When I first started I would get frustrated because I couldn’t find anything, and I would get irritated because nothing was really organized, and eventually I would just walk out of the store in a cloud of sadness. Then, as I did it more I began to get better, and I discovered some tips that were very helpful in my quest to find good pieces of clothes.
  1. Location is Everything. When choosing a thrift store to go to, remember that that the quality of the clothing is often determined by the location of the thrift store. I wouldn’t go into a sketchy looking thrift store and expect too find a whole lot in it (although there are exceptions sometimes).
  2. Check every rack. It may seem tedious, but some of the best treasures are hidden. Nothing in a thrift store is really organized, and more than likely, there is only one of everything. So, it is imperative that you check every rack of clothes because there could be something really cool there.
  3. Have an open mind. Try to see the clothes for their possibilities and not just their appearance on the rack at that moment. Part of wearing clothes is adding your own swag and style to them. Most of the clothes that I’ve purchased at thrift stores have all been altered in some way to fit my personal style.
So, those are my top three tips for thriting, and I hope they were helpful. Now go spread some love around somewhere! ^_^

Much Love!
- Rave

No comments:

Post a Comment